EU-funded Projects Technical Manager
Agroknow (www.agroknow.com) is a data and technology company that since 2008 has been helping organizations in the agri-food sector to enter the digital era. For over a decade, we are developing innovative software applications that address data-intensive challenges in agriculture and food. We lead the development of the EU-funded digital infrastructure for all European scientists in agriculture and food (http://aginfra.eu). Our product FOODAKAI (www.foodakai.com) is a food safety intelligence platform that delivers data and insights as a service to food companies around the world.
Our team consists of a unique blend of data, computer, agronomy, food and marketing experts and we strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone. We invest in hiring intelligent, committed productive people and giving them the autonomy to do their best work.
We are looking for a high caliber EU-funded Projects Technical Manager for our team in Athens.
- Contributing to the technical management of EU-funded research projects
- Contributing to the submission of new proposals in the context of several research funding opportunities for the agri-food sector
The EU-funded Projects Technical Manager is a multi-faceted and challenging role, touching on a series of aspects of significant importance to address current and emerging technology needs in the agri-food domain. You will be part of the team towards the identification of new technical directions while at the same time being an integral part of the ideation and proposal setup process.
Furthermore, you will be representing Agroknow in projects (either as coordinator or partner) to maintain an edge on current technology and industry developments and at the same time be able to foster stronger partnerships with organizations across Europe.
- Postgraduate Degree in Information Technology or Electrical Engineering (PhD will be considered a plus)
- Track record in participating in R&D projects primarily co-funded by the European Commission
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering complex research technical projects with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent understanding of systems, architecture and applications design
- Excellent understanding of state-of-the-art technologies for big data storage, processing, analysis, discovery and visualization (such as Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, Keras, Java, Python, React)
- Being able to capture the big picture and to align innovation activities with business growth opportunities
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral & written)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective in negotiations and conflict resolution
- Able to work with minimum supervision both independently and as part of a team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Collaborative high-performance environment
- Ongoing professional evolvement
- Flexible office hours